Week 2 Reading Overview

 Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Aesop (Jacobs)

Week 4: Aesop (Winter)


Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.


Week 5: Ancient Egypt 

Week 6: Santal


Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. 


Week 7: Japanese Mythology 

Week 9: West Africa


Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.


Week 10: Tejas 

Week 11: Cherokee


Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.


Week 12: King Arthur 

Week 13: Beowulf


Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Inferno 

Week 15: Jacobs


Interests: From childhood, I have been very interested in mythology when my father would read me different books about greek mythology and I became very fond of stories of dragons and heroes that have continued to interest me as I have grown. I am excited to learn more about stories from Ghana my grandmother was born there I and I do not know much of the mythology and folklore from the area so I am hoping that I will learn more about my heritage from reading about it. I picked a lot of stories that I have even heard of before because I am hoping to learn more and revisit a lot of things that I haven't thought about in years and hope that I can recontextualize the information with the knowledge that I have gained throughout my life. 


(Excalibur, by Howard Pyle)


I picked this image because one of the first things I remember of mythology was pretending to pull a sword out of a rock. The idea of being chosen by the sword or being the chosen one meant something to me as a kid and in a way still does and I think that it is a great reason why these stories are so important not just because they are good interesting stories but the reasons that the stories need to be shared and the lessons that can be learned from them. 

Comments

Popular Posts