Feedback Strategies

How to Give Feedback Without Sounding Like a Jerk

I was a fan of this article. I was never the biggest fan of when people would personally give me a compliment sandwich but I also have known a few times when I have given such a sandwich in hope not to hurt someones feeling while trying to share criticism and it was actually how I was trained at my job to deliver feedback to subordinates. I like that it was told from the perspective of having to give feedback on leadership for someone who has been in a leadership role before the person was even born. I like the 19 words to say before giving feedback or criticism which will help someone to be more receptive to the criticism in general.  I hope that I will be able to remember to make it more about how I believe that they can reach a position and that I am trying to help give them ways to get there more than just here is one good thing you did 12 bad things but here's a compliment so don't feel bad. 


Be a Mirror: Give Readers Feedback that Fosters a Growth Mindset

I like that this article was about helping children to grow and ways to foster a growth mindset. I like that it was five easy steps about being a mirror instead of something else. Not saying everything their not but looking at what is there and helping them improve and that way if they give more it was on their own allowing for them to grow knowing that they can come to you for advice and feedback that will allow them to grow and to improve.


I believe that I am pretty good at giving people feedback but also knowing when people are doing better than the feedback that I can provide. I try to make it feel like it is coming from a place of improvement and not judgment but I am not perfect and I still can improve on the feedback that I give to others and I hope that I will continue to work on the skill and improve as well as continue to work on getting and receiving feedback when it is shared with me.

How to Translate Customer Feedback Into Action

"Feedback"

Comments

Popular Posts