Project Topic Brain Storm

 Dragons

Dragons have always been one of the coolest mythical creatures to me there is something that is just so cool about how they are so powerful, magical but also intelligent and that they are a force to be reckoned with. I would like to think I know a decent bit about dragons and a little bit of the difference between Asian dragons and European dragons. I would like to tell a story of dragons in the modern world. I am not sure if it would be like Dragons appearing in the world today our of nowhere or more that dragons were evolving with us but in a place that no one knew about and have a lesson about that we are destroying the world and need to stop before it is too late. 

Chimerical Creatures of the Dragon

Werewolves and Vampires

While this trope was made a little more popular by the twilight series I want to get more into the traditional myths that occupied both vampire and lycanthrope. I found it very interesting as a kid and was a werewolf for Halloween when I was five or six and thought that it would be so cool being able to turn into a wolf. I now know that there is a lot more pain that would be associated with turning. I am hoping to write about a traditional story fo two families who are very possessive and maybe two of the spices want to marry or two people want to broker peace. 

Werewolves

Vampires

Greek Gods and Heros

Greek mythology was one of the coolest things to me I was into it before I read the Percy Jackson series but after I began to read the series I became entranced. I am not sure exactly who I would right about Posiden was my favorite Olympian but I became very well acquainted with all of them and in the source material, the Gods mirror very powerful people who get mad and angry often when they don't get their way. I would probably want to make a new story about a child of the gods or a regular person living in the world of these gods that draws inspiration from other stories at the time but more focused on what it is like to be a person during this time.

Perceus

Greek Mythological Figures

Lions

Biblical stories of lions are an obstacle that can be used to show your faith and trust.  They are also seen as mighty. I would like to tell a story from a lions perspective of mixing ruling and enjoying living their life. Making sacrifices for the good of the pride and for the ecosystem as a whole. I know about lions and pride and the typical habits of both male and female lions. I think this could be a good story to look at the leadership of a nation and how the decisions of one can affect so much more and hopefully show sometimes things from a decision can have long-reaching consequences that can really hurt later on. 

Biblical lions

Flaming Murphy


"Flaming Murphy" by Peter E. Lee is licensed under CC BY-NC 2.0

Comments

Popular Posts