Topic Research: The Modern Dragon

 The third part of Beowulf has a very powerful dragon that would be a great character to use to do a modern story about a dragon. It was the only creature that was able to face Beowulf and win. Not only was he powerful but he was intelligent and could gain wealth and knowledge. I could either use the same dragon from the story or I could make it be about his son or daughter.  I think that it would be an interesting plot devise if the dragon could transform into the appearance of a human to help blend into society at the cost of some of his power. If I do the exact dragon he can reminisce on the change of time and how he has had to evolve and if I do a child of the dragon it can be a story of how they are rebuking the ways of the past and are trying to find their own way and the mark that they want t to leave on the world. 

Part Three: Beowulf and the Dragon

The Chimerical Creatures of the Dragon and Serpent kind is a great resource for facts and history of Dragons and why they were a part of history and storytelling this can be used for historical input on my story areas that they were believed to frequent and if I ever talk about a history of dragons in my story or a backstory this article would be a teaming place to get more realistic portraits of a dragon in the more original sense where they were fantasized about. It tells tails of wester and eastern dragons and so this could also give rise to different types of dragons in the modern world and if they were to meet how it could potentially turn out or how those differences in creation would affect how they live their lives in the modern world. 


The Foolish Dragon is a story of a Chinese Dragon that is fooled by a monkey I like this because it shows a fault that dragons can be fooled and can be trusting of others but still shows there power. Dragons are smart and caring but can also be outsmarted and this is something that I think I can use as a grudge that his held by the dragons and may be a reason that the dragon doesn't like someone or something like that.  


Folklore and Fiction: Dragons in Modern Times and Ancient Cultures |  Oriceran

Comments

Popular Posts