Reading Notes:Jewish Fairy Tales, Reading B

 The Fairy Frog

The fairy frog is the story of trust and sacrifice. The main character is so trusting he not only listened to the exact thing that his father said but he sacrificed almost everything and didn't complain a single time. In the story, it was the wife who started crying and it is what initially got the frog to talk and grant their request I just wasn't the biggest fan of her crying I get that it wasn't necessarily the worst thing that could have happened but I think that she had literally gone along with everything that her husband requested and didn't question him once. I like how strong she must have been but I would like the husband to have had a moment of weakness that could have almost lost them the treasure and instead the wife be the one who helps convince him to stay strong and not let him fall off of the path that his parent asked him to take. The frog was my favorite part of the story and when he started laughing it elicited a real response of laughing which really made me happy. I thought that it was very noble that he was so willing to do the request of his father I would like to give him a little bit of doubt and not unblinding loyalty but flesh out that his father has never led him astray before and that he is very thankful for the life that his parents had given and it makes it easier to trust in them but when the hardships are happening in childhood of both the husband and the wife and with the flashbacks, it helps them to get through any of the hardships that they face. I like that the frog was a fairy and the son of Adam




Giant Frog Statue at Rs 85000/piece | FRP Animal Statue | ID: 13973370512

Giant Frog


Bibliography

 Jewish Fairy Tales and Legends by Gertrude Landa (1919). The Fairy Frog

Comments

Popular Posts