Reading Notes: Japan, Reading B

The Labors of Yamato- The Dragon 

I really liked this story it was very descriptive and it was really good to read. It was written in an older style of English that made some parts hard to read but despite the struggles to understand everything it was very enjoyable to read. The hero was really cool and he had been through a lot of trials and he was almost on the way back to the girl but had to do one final task by beating the witch who said that she loved him but he found out that the girl loved him more than anyone and that was so sweet. When he eventually escaped he then found that a town was being attacked by a dragon. It was a sea dragon who was being helped by the thunder god and the wind god. I think that this is a great story and I am not sure where I would want to take it if I would want to continue this or make this just more accessible to read while keeping a lot of the material but trying to make it so that most people will be able to read. I want to do something with the dragon and maybe he could be a character on my website. I like the description that he is given and I think that I could bring him to life in my story. I am very excited I am not sure when this story takes place but because this is a water dragon it could have ancestors who are fishing tycoons who control the seas and are the main producers of some kind of committee that would come from the sea. He could be a business partner of the father and have some kind words to say at the funeral and reminisce of the time that he and the father had completed some task. 




Romance of Old Japan, Part I: Mythology and Legend by E. W. Champney and F. Champney (1917).



Comments

Popular Posts