Reading Notes English Fairy Tales, Reading A

The Master And His Pupil

I enjoyed reading this story. I think that this story did a great job of world building. It starts off by describing an object and why that object is important. It then goes and describes the lengths at which that object is hidden and protected. I think that it does such a great job with it that it really makes it fun and interesting to read. I wish that there was a little bit more of the story that focused on the master besides that he was old and the only person who could read the book. Despite that, though it was still really good and did a good job of making it so we as the audience could see the power that the master held. I like that they made the pupil curious I think that I would also focus on his age and make him think that he knows more and is smarter than he really is. Maybe even have the master want to teach him but at this time know that he is not quite ready for the responsibility that comes with being able to read the book. I like that the pupil was not able to read and he just picked one of the worst incantations to start with. I like how the demon did what he was asked but it turned out horribly wrong and he would have killed so many people just by watering a flower. I also did like that the master did end up remembering about the book that was left unlocked and came back with just enough time to stop it before things got too out of hand. I like the name of the demon and I might try to add a demon to my website who tempts our hero. This was a good story and I can see myself writing a myth-based off of this one. 

Bibliography

 English Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs with illustrations by John D. Batten (1890).

Comments

Popular Posts